Do you find yourself exhausted at night? Tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep? Sleepless nights can happen to anyone, but ongoing can be a sign of a deeper issue. Acupuncture can be a very effective way to improve your sleep without the dependence or side effects of medications.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), conditions such as insomnia can be a sign of an imbalance in the Qi, the vital energy that protects the body from illness and brings the body to life. Stress, anxiety, medications, depression, hormones and chronic pain are all examples of what may be at the root of this imbalance.
You may find that you are sleeping better after one acupuncture session, though you most likely receive the most benefit from a series of treatments. A combination of acupuncture and herbs can help resolve your sleep issues while improving your overall health. Talk to your acupuncturist today.
Some Helpful Tips:
- Plan to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday
- Exercise regularly, but not around bedtime
- Don’t eat large meals before bed
- Limit caffeine, alcohol and nicotine
- Unplug. A couple hours before bed, turn your phone and other electronics off.
“Insomnia: How Acupuncture Helps.” Acupuncture Media Works, 2014.